Monday, September 10, 2007

Poor Neglected Blog

I have a hard time just making a quick post. It always ends up getting involved and being long and just sucking up time! So then I just don't post at all. Not too fair to those of you who are kind enough to check in with regularity.

Work is busy and been trying to stay off the computer when at home so no time to blog at work and not from home so I've gotten behind.

JudyA came to visit over the Labor Day weekend and did a Mission Organization thing on my living room and painted two of the walls. Pretty incredible difference. And another carload to donate.

Visited Dad and Martha last Sunday. Dad is not feeling great but hanging in. Being feeble is really hard for him. And also for us to see him get so tired so fast. But he's still perkin'. His 90th birthday is Nov. 3.

Was going to post yesterday, but spent the time rereading my own posts from the beginning through about the first year. Was surprised that I'd only had a blog for ten months when Gene died and have blogged almost two years since. Seemed like I'd had the blog long before he was gone.

Okay ... I really gotta quit and get busy.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

About time!! Nice to hear from you. I can't believe it's been almost two years!
See you at the alley!!

1:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nov. 3 is Jared's birthday too! Too bad they can't have a joint party. ;)

8:56 AM  
Blogger lattégirl said...

If your dad was a hale&hearty type all his life, I imagine it would be hard to feel feeble. I don't think I want to get to that stage in life. Do you?

2:34 PM  
Blogger Ms. Judy said...

Hard to say how I'd feel getting to that stage.

Dad's mind is still good and he has 90 years of history and family history to share even if he tends to repeat the same stories again and again. And his feebleness hasn't affected his capacity to love us. I'm glad he's still around to do so.

But when I get to that stage in life, I won't have children to rely on watching out for me and to take me places, etc. So for me, it is a daunting prospect to be old and feeble.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter