Friday, July 27, 2007

Me and E

Einstein is being the cozy kitty and is curled up on my arm making it very hard to type. But I don't care. I love it when he cuddles. He's great company. We hadn't had him long when Gene died. Animals loved Gene and E didn't have much to do with me then. I was totally secondary in his world. But I am what he ended up with and his kitten antics distracted me and I ended up being his person. And the little kitten turned out to be a nice big burly fifteen pound kitty. And he has beautiful, beautiful blue eyes. I should post a recent photo of him.

Okay, he's done with that cuddling stuff. Did I post that Eienstein caught and brought in lizards, bugs and even a squirrel one day? He just ran in with something and of course I panic remembering the squirrel. It was just a butterfly this time. He let it go and is chasing it around the house. Soooo much better than squirrels and snakes.

I'm taking a few days off work. Just getting in my vacation time before it expires. It's been threatening to rain. There were some beautiful days earlier this week, and of course it clouded up for my days off. No problem, though. I think it bothers me much less than other people. That humidity is one of the ways we East Texas women keep our dewey complexions, don't you know?

Wednesday after work, Lila and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. It was fun. I knew I'd never get around to reading the last book in the series that just came out, and her boyfriend had told her the ending so I got to her to tell me what happened. So let me tell you who dies - Kidding! I wouldn't do that just in case someone happens to visit my blog that doesn't want to know.

What else is there to tell? Kind of went through a spell of the blues lately, but on the upswing I think.

Will get to see Gene's family this weekend. I'm excited about that. I love that I still get to spend time with them. They are truly my family now.

JoanE called me yesterday and we talked for a long, long time and got caught up. Man, we had some adventures back in the day! Hey JoanE, remember that time we were driving around lost in the Hill Country and were passing the time playing "sing a song by this person" game? I said Lena Horne and you sang, " A cup, a cup, a cup, a cup" and I just about lost it. Almost had to pull over to the side of the road. Talk about slap happy! If you want to see this classic Lena Horne performance, here's the LINK.

The other day, I was looking in my emails for a username-password for some account and came across the one for an email acount Gene had set up for me, I think one associated with his website. I never needed it nor used it but decided to log into it just for the heck of it. There was one email in it that he'd sent as a test. It said only, "test one" and that was it. Couldn't resist. I replied back with "I miss you." Sentimental fool, huh?

Let's see. What else? I am attempting to watch my latest Netflix movie "The Number 23" or as I like to call it, "5." Get it? 2 plus 3 is 5? Well, if you've seen the movie you do .... I know, dumb but it about all of a rating I want to give to this movie. And I had high hopes for it. Like Memento or something. Maybe it's just the Jim Carey thing. He's highly overrated in my book.

Okay, E is back up here wanting some attention and no one can say I haven't posted in a while so that's it for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter