Tuesday, April 05, 2005

The Flight of the Phoenix

Movie LINK
(1965) Gene brought home a copy the original, and he remembered correctly, it is a better movie than last year's remake. Why do they keep remaking movies that are just fine already? James Stewart, Richard Attenborough, and Hardy Krüger own the characters, with George Kennedy and Ernest Borgnine in lesser roles. I liked the 2004 remake when I saw it last month (and the original was a faint memory.) But now that the 1965 version is fresh in my mind, I'd have to say that I like it better. The original is a grittier telling of the same story. The Dennis Quaid version has DQ and the guys looking buff, is updated to contemporary times, plus lots of Hollywood gloss added. But, hey, the original has a monkey!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter