Monday, April 02, 2007

Netflix

Okay. I decided to give Waitflix a try. I got the $10 as-many-as-you-want-a-month-as-long-as-it-is-one-at-a-time plan. No worries for them at the rate I'm getting my movies. I signed up on a Sunday and got my first one on Thursday. Dropped it in the mail on Monday and got the next one full week later. I'm within 100 miles of one of their distribution sites so I'm hoping that these first two took so long because they were new releases and had to come from some distant place. If things don't speed up after this with the older movies on my list, I will have to abandon the Netflix idea. Before you ask, yes I know that Blockbuster has a better deal because you can take them in and get a new movie. Alas, there is no Blockbuster in my daily path, nor do I go near one. Thanks for the option, tho. I might consider it someday.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've been using Netflix for a while now, and I've noticed that they've gotten slower lately. Maybe it's the mailman though, because ours is kinda crappy.

I never have enough time to watch my dvds now, so I end up keeping them for at least a couple of weeks. I wonder if this is worth $10 a month...

8:51 AM  
Blogger fringes said...

Drop them off at the post office. A post office with a scanning system. Once the movie is scanned, Netflix knows to expect it, and it will send out the next movie while the first one is still on its way back to them. Your turnaround will be less than 48 hours.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Ms. Judy said...

Caroline: At first glance I thought you said your mailman was kinda creepy. haha

Fringes: Really!?! I had no idea about the scanning system. Now to find a post office with scanning system. Most likely canidate is the downtown post office in work-town. At least it isn't as hard to get to as BlockBuster. Thanks for the tip!

11:12 PM  
Blogger Ms. Judy said...

Fringes, when I went to the post office today, I asked about the scanning thing -- he looked at me like I was a crazy loon and said no way. Makes me wonder if it is a Waitflix rumor or a misguided civil servant.

3:45 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

It could be your location. I mail mine out and get an email the next day saying they received it. Then I get another email that they shipped one out the same day. I usually get it the next day. But I can tell now if our mail person is doing a good job or skipping out on us.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter