Saturday, March 31, 2007

Ready To Thin Out Your Book Collection?

Let a book go -- into the wild. Bookcrossing LINK is a site where you register a book and it gets a Bookcrossing ID number, then you set it free. Donate it, or accidentally leave it somewhere, or just place it in a predominate spot for someone to pick up. The recipient can log on and report having found it and you can track it. Sounds like fun.

If you know me, you know what a magazine junkie I am. Sometimes I leave them in the laundry-matt when I finish with them. I've even been the recipient of laundry-matt exchange magazines, too. They were gourmet cooking ones and something I'd never have bought but did enjoy looking at them.

Speaking of tracking things, I got a Where's George dollar LINK the other day. I held on to it until my boss's young son, Grant, came up to the office before baseball practice one afternoon. I showed him the site and registered the dollar with him. Then I gave him the dollar to go spend so we could check where it went next. No one has reported anything yet, tho.

Have you ever gotten a dollar stamped or marked with www.wheresgeorge.com? This made about four or five for me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

I got one like 5 years ago. I'm going to check on it now. I saved a little scrap of paper in my desk drawer with the id number, but have forgotten about it until just now.

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter