Monday, January 16, 2006

This Weekend

Throughout The Weekend
Talk about peeling a BIG potato! I dealt with getting Gene's clothes out of the house this weekend. Man, that really hurt.


Monday, Jan. 16, 2006
Took bags of Gene's clothes in town to wash before donating them. Happened to be this nice lady washing clothes that was willing to take a lot of them for her brother-in-law, husband, and brother. Made me feel better to actually give them to someone instead of just dropping bags off in a bin somewhere. The remainder are bagged up but just haven't gotten them into the car yet. Those are destined for some unnoteworthy bin somewhere.

Watched the Golden Globe awards in the evening without hearing the disgruntled Gene grumbling about the "tv awards season". Einstein didn't have much to say about it one way or another. Here's a picture of him looking cute.

Sunday, Jan. 15, 2006
On Sunday morning, drove over and went to church with Dad. He took me out to eat after. The best part was getting to see Deb and Ronnie who just happened to be in town and eating there, too.

When I left for college, the Deb was still in high school. Being the best friend, she continued to spend the night at my house since my folks came to love her like their own. One of the most memorable letters I ever got in college was from her when I was a freshman -- "I'm spending the night with Aunt Nettie and Uncle Eddis. I'm sitting in your bed while I'm writing this. I'm feeding Spanky M&M's. Is there a limit? I don't want him puking all over me." Talk about homesick -- the best friend you left behind feeding your dog your M&M's!


Dad & Deb at the restaurant.
As you can see, there's a lot of love going on between these two!

(Deb previously mentioned here: Saturday, September 03, 2005/A Good Birthday)

Saturday, Jan. 14, 2006
Sorted clothes and cried -- a bunch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter