Saturday, September 03, 2005

A Good Birthday

I got to spend part of my birthday with my best friend from my high school days. We had a great time "at the mall." I had a trip planned to visit Dad and Martha this weekend and to go to the nearby mall in the next town to shop for an outfit for an upcoming event. Coincidentally, Deb was headed to the same mall to shop for a "Mother of the Bride" dress. When you live in rural Texas, sometimes you have quite a drive to get to a decent mall and our destinations converged this day.


DEB!

At one point she turned to me and said, "It feels like we do this all the time." We compared notes that it was two years ago that we'd seen each other and not spoken more than ten times if that many since then. And we both agreed that it was if we picked up right where we left off.

She treated me to lunch for my birthday, too. Yum, great lunch!

I'll see her next Saturday, too. Her middle child will be marrying and on the same day, her baby boy turns nineteen. Man, those years flew past, didn't they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter