Sunday, August 21, 2005

Dang Grackles!


Times change. Can't stop progress. Only thing as contant as change is change itself. I know, I know. They have done so much contruction on our campus, and particularly surrounding the parking lot where I park. The other day as I was leaving, much to my dismay, was a whole bunch of Grackles. They're supposed to be in the big cities and this is just a sleepy little college town! What made me the saddest was thinking of the mockingbirds that used to live in the big trees around the parking lot and how I enjoyed hearing their songs. Ever really listen to a mockingbird? They just sing their hearts out. More than once, I found myself sitting down on a nearby bench just listen to a song because it was so beautiful and compelling. If you haven't intently listened to your neighborhood mockingbird, if you're lucky enough to have one, I highly recommend it -- before it's too late!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter