Thursday, February 26, 2009

Do You Twitter?

Never thought in a zillion years that I'd jump on the Twitter bandwagon, but I'm a tweetin' fool now. Well, maybe not that zealous but attempting at least a daily tweet.

It all started because I need to know about it for work. I know businesses use it and needed to find out how we might use it. So I started out with a personal account just to check it out. Let me tell you, all I could think was .. "what's the point?" I just didn't get it. Why would you want to tweet?

The best explanation I've found was something like, "you email and blog but Twitter fills in that time between. When you follow someone (their Twitter feed), you get a better picture of what's going on in their life, what they're about."

Maybe. So anyway, if you're interested check it out. Eventually I'll incorporate my tweets into the sidebar when I get a chance to figure out how. Until then, follow me here .... www.twitter.com/thejudester

1 Comments:

Blogger KFO-G said...

I have my twitter on my blog :)
I think its great! I have been using it since summer or so. And I run the one for the animal shelter (which we have linked on our website).


I WROTE THIS OUT FOR OUR STAFF WHEN THEY THOUGHT I WAS TOO TWITTER CRAZY :)

What is a "twitter"?
Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?

With Twitter, you can stay hyper–connected to your friends and always know what they’re doing. Or, you can stop following them any time. You can even set quiet times on Twitter so you’re not interrupted.

Twitter puts you in control and becomes a modern antidote to information overload.


Twitter asks the question, “What are you doing?” and allows you to send a small update (limited to just 140 characters) to your followers. The concept is amazingly simple and that is perhaps one of the main reasons why it has caught on like wildfire. The restriction to 140 characters has resulted in Twitter being labeled “micro blogging”. One of the key benefits of Twitter is that you can send and receive updates (also called tweets) via your browser, email , instant messaging clients and SMS so you can keep in touch no matter where you are.

Every time you send out a tweet, all your followers will see it. Unlike blogs, Twitter is a real time broadcasting medium. You update, it is broadcast to your followers, and then it is largely forgotten (but not quite!) When you first join Twitter you have no followers and you are not following anybody else so it can seem pretty lonely. I think this one of the reasons that some people just “don’t get it” when they first start.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter