Monday, February 09, 2009

Are You Ready For Digital?



Qubo.


This is what being ready for digital in rural East Texas looks like.

See? I'm getting a digital station as illustrated above. Every once in a while some random hokey digital station will scan in and offer a crystal clear view of some infomercial but not too reliably.

Okay, I'm still working on it and might get a new antenna and try that but looks like we may get a few months reprieve on this issue anyway. I get at least one station great in analog (NBC affiliate) and maybe will get the CBS one again after their new digital transmitter goes online in a few weeks. And get some others that are fuzzy but passable depending on the weather.

I'm still holding out to not buy into satellite or cable until my credit card bills are paid off. Plus, it's the principle. It should be free!

I figure if Google can drive that far out in the woods to Street-View my dirt road (which totally freaked me out when I discovered it -- it's just the dirt road that turns off the highway, and not my actual house), then technology of the tv stations should be able to send their puny digital signals that far.

Okay, so ends my massive posting and catching up of photos. It may be a while before I can get back to blog again. I've been wanting to and finally just sat down and gave up the hours to do it! Hope you enjoy! Later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter