Monday, February 09, 2009

Dad In Rearview Mirror

This photo was from back in January. I was in the backseat and Dad was in the front of Martha's truck.

We'd been to a funeral that was one of the most uplifting services of any kind that I'd been to in a long long time. Quite remarkable. It was for the father-in-law of my sister's sister-in-law. We'd been to this sister-in-law's house last Thanksgiving and had just seen the gentleman then. By Christmas he was in the hospital. We were waiting for the cars to start the procession from funeral home to graveside.

There was another person that I saw at that same Thanksgiving dinner who passed just today. It is my sister's mother-in-law. I was thinking about it today, and I've known Granny since I was about ten years old. Even though I wasn't related to her or even close to her, she has been integral in my sister's story for a long, long time. I've enjoyed holidays with that family for many years. And especially since Mom & Gene passed and it was just Dad & me leaning on Martha for some place to go for the holidays. I know they are really going to miss her.


Dad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter