Sunday, November 11, 2007

Rumblings

Okay, not exactly rumblings. But a steady bass beat from the local establishment down the road. After years of a country bass line, they have changed their format. I've not recognized a tune yet. Those old country standards kind of provided a clue sometimes. Hmmm. Much quieter now. They must have closed the door.

Gave Eienstein a bath a while ago. He really does pretty well during bath time. And I'm really glad. Even though he protests quite loudly, I could be in big trouble if that fifteen pound cat really didn't want to put up with being bathed. He could really put the hurt on me. But we made it through another bathtime and immediately afterwards he acts all put out with me. It doesn't take long, though, before he starts coming around and wanting to curl up in my lap. It's got to feel better to him. I know he sure does smell nice afterward.

Of all the things I had on my to-do list today, I accomplished few. Got the cat bathed and mailed a package.

I had a movie from Netflix waiting when I went to check my mailbox. I enjoyed it pretty much. It was Wild Boy (L' Enfant Sauvage), a french film based on "the wild boy of Aveyron" where a feral child is discovered and Dr. Itard attempts to "civilise" him.

I think you'd have to appreciate randomness for me to recommend it. I find that I end up with the most obscure movies on my Netflix Queue. They border on being a waste of time, but somehow I find some value in viewing them.

Like the 1962 Silent Star, actually named Der Schwelgende Stern which if you are a big sci-fi fan, you would appreciate it for it's historical value and for the fact that the spaceship they take to Venus is called the Kosmokrator. Another sub-titled one. Hmmm. I just looked at the Netflix Queue and the next four will be sub-titled. Maybe I should go throw in some block-busters at the top just for grins.

Okay, here I am spending lots of time surfing the internet on dial-up writing this while I wait for pages to load. Crazy prospect I know. Got a full day ahead of me tomorrow. Time to go to bed, turn on the fan to drown out the big base drum, and catch some z-z-z-z-z-z-zssssss. Night!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Got caught up on your blog tonight. You went to bed early! I'm heading that way now :o).

1:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter