Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This Movie Has Been Mollified

I get a Word of the Day emailed to me everyday.

Today's was:
mollify \MAH-luh-fye\ verb
*1 : to soothe in temper or disposition : appease
2 : to reduce the rigidity of : soften
3 : to reduce in intensity : assuage, temper

Whenever Gene and I watched a rented movie, he would always read the "This movie has been modified to fit your tv" statement as "This movie has been mollified..." and I mean always. I can still hear it whenever I watch a movie.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sphincter said...

That is so excellent I can hardly stand it! As for me, I would never dare to use mollify in a sentence. I'd be too afarid of using it incorrectly and looking like a big dumbass. (and that some mean jerk like me would pick on me for it.)

8:53 PM  
Blogger Sphincter said...

Or afraid of spelling afraid wrong.

8:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like when people are expressing their opinion and thought. So I like the way you are writing

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter