Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Two Years Tomorrow

Well, thought I'd get this one out of the way today so tomorrow can be all about Martha's birthday instead of Gene's D-day. I paid to keep his website up for almost two years, but the time came to let it fade into cyberspace. Today I removed the link to the past website which was on my blogroll. His old blog link is still there though. I don't like to go there very much because his last entries were about the hurricane coming. I was going to post a photo of him in this entry but can't seem to find it. So this avatar he used will have to do for now.


Gene's Avatar.

Today I spilled a big ol' coffee onto my desk, my keyboard, my lap, my blouse, the floor. And it was a big ol' cup of coffee. That wiped out the morning trying to get that all cleaned up. My boss kept coming by and calling me Coffeebean, Juan Valdez, Mr. Valdez. Juan, and finally Juanita. Sheese. I was already distracted anyway and then had to go and spill. Just have had a hard time concentrating. Who knows, maybe it's subconscious and things will be better after tomorrow.

(A Later Spill Note: My boss dropped a 2-inch stack of papers that "spilled" on my office floor. A co-worker dropped her purse and almost the entire contents "spilled" in the floor. Whatever electromagnetic forces that were ebbing and flowing and vortexes coming and going, I guess there was a big Spill Magnet happening in my office today.)

I've been trying to do some house cleaning on my photos. I finally got all the photos downloaded off my camera. I had so many on there, I couldn't take one without deleting one. And it holds LOTS of photos and video. I still haven't gotten it all into my Flickr Account. That could take a while, and then there's the labeling and tagging, etc.

This afternoon, a former student worker of mine, RyanB, stopped by to say hello. He is now the Operations Manager for a major venue in a major metropolitan city. Sporting events, concerts, etc. Always nice to hear great success stories.

Sadly even though it was time to remove a link on my blogroll, I am happy to say I got to add a link to a friend's new blog. I'm looking forward to some superb randomness from her entries.

Well, this week is an exciting week for a TV junkie like me. So many series premiers. Last night I was going to watch Chuck and Heroes but reception was terrible. Thank goodness they post the episodes online now. Which is good for me since there are shows I want to watch on networks I don't get on my little vintage tv antenna. Those would be Lost and Ugly Betty.

Are you busy watching tv, too? What have you been waiting for this season?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two years?! Love you Aunt Damnit (said Sean)

My name is Jennifer and I'm addicted to Boston Legal, Prison Break, Earl, The Riches, Bones, House and many others I'm ashamed to admit! So off to watch I go!!

Love ya

9:24 PM  
Blogger Ms. Judy said...

I love you, too, Sean (says Aunt Dammit)

10:48 PM  
Blogger lattégirl said...

I hate to ask, since the answer seems obvious, but... what happened to Gene?

8:02 AM  
Blogger Ms. Judy said...

No worries, Lattegirl. You came in after that part of the story. Gene and I were married 13 years and he had a heart attack. Forever 49. His neices & nephews called him Uncle Dammit because one time he said, "Because I'm your uncle, dammit!" Here's his photo and my eulogy of sorts to his internet friends. http://msjudyshouse.blogspot.com/2005/11/for-kj-maybesos-internet-friends.html He left this world on Sept 26, 2005. Thanks for asking.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter