Thursday, November 04, 2010

Happy Blogaversary To Me

I can't believe it was only six years ago that I started this blog. So much has happened in that six years. Lost a step-mom, became a widow, traveled, got a promotion, retired, etc. Not having a daily, sit-at-a-computer-on-my-desk kind of routine has made keeping current with a blog harder.

Nonetheless, I think I'll always keep it because it serves as a great journal for me. And it was certainly a great outlet when Gene died. That has been quite a journey. Just last week I got to hear the Marine Band, the President's Own, play mine and Gene's song ... Stars and Stripes. I had a kinda-wraps-that-up sort of moment ... won't get better than that.

Dad's 93rd birthday was yesterday. He enjoyed all the festivities this week but sure has left him tired.


Dad celebrates another year.

Such a busy day ahead so no more time to muse here. See ya some other day, hopefully before it's another blogaversary upon me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Melinda said...

Happy Blogaversary!

Yeah, it's good to keep up the blog even when it's going through a dormant stage. It's amazing how you can look back over the years!

11:54 AM  
Blogger Fowl Ideas said...

Coming up on nine years now.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter