Saturday, January 17, 2009

Isso. Issnot.

I've never laughed out loud reading a medical journal before, maybe a chuckle here or there, but this really caught me off-guard.

I was reading an article in The Journal of Family Practice which was a PURL (Priority Update from Research Literature). The article, "Saline irrigation spells relief for sinusitis sufferers," debated the merits of recommending nasal irrigation for rhinosinusitis. The article indicated they used a 20-item survey to assess symptom severity. This survey was called -- ready for it? -- the Sino-Nasal Outcome Test.

Yes folks, the SNOT-20.

And every time SNOT-20 was mentioned throughout the remainder of this article, I laughed anew.

2 Comments:

Blogger lattégirl said...

I'll bet whoever coined the acronym (and his/her team) giggled alot, too.

8:04 AM  
Blogger Jayne said...

That. Is. Fabulous. Truly so.

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter