Monday, February 11, 2008

Last Friday

I walked up to the ATM and the first thing I saw was a receipt someone had left behind. A quick look showed they had pulled a hundred dollars from their checking leaving a balance of $24,736.40 -- my first thought was, "Who in this little podunk town keeps 25K in their checking account?"

Someone that just has that kind of cash flow? I wonder what their savings and investments look like?

Someone who just got a settlement and this is all the money they have in the world to rest them the last of their life?

Someone who moved money to their checking, pulled out $100 for some pocket money, and now headed to the city to plunk down a chunk of change on a new car?

What do you think?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone I'd like to know.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I hope they are at least earning interest on that amount of change.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter