Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hurricane Ike Evacuee

Well, I'm in the Dallas/Ft Worth area and doing fine. Although I'm very stressed since the eye of the storm is passing over my house right this minute. We are so far inland, I don't know of many people from my area that left. I just got too nervous and had to take friends up on their offer of a place to stay. So grabbed the cat and took off on Friday afternoon. Have heard from some of my relatives north of Houston and they are okay. But can't reach the sister near Beaumont.

UPDATE: Just talked to the sister and they are ok.

Another update: Just checked the website and looks like no work until at least Wednesday due to the power outtages in the city.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you're okay. I can't get through to anybody via phone, but been getting a few texts.

Love you!
T

3:52 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good to hear you made it thru to him-a-cain! email me sometime.

Your Long Lost Bro-In-Law

Jon Standley

jon.standley@constructionserviceslp.com

11:13 PM  
Blogger jana said...

Hey, Ms. Judy! You're my first Non-family visitor to my blog site! I lived in Longview before moving to Louisiana, are you close?

2:25 PM  
Blogger HW said...

So glad you made it through ok. How bad was the damage to your place?

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter