Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Vacation: Day Two

Found out last night that there will be a family get together at Star’s house on Thursday. They had a get together last Saturday, too, but they weren’t able to get in touch with us. We’ll be missing a few folks that have already traveled back home but most of the other usual in-laws will be there I suppose.

Sounds like the storm is coming. I hear thunder rumbling. Not looking forward to the freezing cold. Wish there were more days like yesterday predicted for my vacation.

Drove over to visit dad and spend the night. He was feeling better but still sounded congested. We got out and went to Brookshires for some lunch at their deli. Then I baked brownies from a recipe that I’d gotten in a recipe exchange to take to Star's. They'll have to do without their Neiman Marcus cookies this year.

The recipe is actually pretty simple. Mix up a box of brownies and put it in a 9" X 13" pan, unwrap three Symphony bars and place on top (I've had it with the big dark chocolate bars and think I like it better), then mix up another box of brownies and spread that on top. Bake. You really have to wait until it cools to appreciate it. Yum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

free hit counter